Re: Retractable bow thruster replacement

Paul Peschel

Many thanks for all your replies and tips!  🙏🙏🙏

Since I still have all the important parts (Shaft, bearing, propeller,..) and only the bearing housing is broken, I want to try to fix it first before considering a new system. So I measured the remaining part and created a 3D model ( which you can find here if interested:  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1399ygbJxGDwj2QWs8F_ks_N7xXlpLo13 )

The plan is to 3D print the part and reinforces it with fiberglass and epoxy. I got a test print ( the purple one in the picture) to check dimensions, but unfortunately, there was no 3d print shop that could print in a high-quality filament such as nylon or carbon within two weeks in Cartagena / Spain where we have been hauled out.  So I have closed the hole for now and postponed the project. One more on the to-do list :-)

Does anyone have experience with reinforced 3D printed parts?

Once this works I will share it here in the forum and occasionally there will be an update on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/blue.calling/