Re: Amel 55 - captain's seat

Bruno COTTE

Agreed totally I am a little bit more than 6 foot and no problem at the wheel of my A 55#63
As Sup up I consider the 54 better than the super maramu and the 55 better than the 54. With the A 60 and A 60 there is a change of global philosophy so it is almost impossible to compare ….

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 24 nov. 2021 à 17:54, Joerg Esdorn via groups.io <jhe1313@...> a écrit :

Joan, I'm sorry you're having trouble with the A55 helmsman seat.  I'm 5'10" and find the seat quite comfortable.  When sailing longer distances heeled, I often sit sideways in the seat with my feet up on the cockpit table and have a number of small sofa cushions in my back to increase comfort.

If the moderators permit, I'd also would like to make a point of order.  I personally find it annoying that many questions about an issue or problem with the newer boats on this forum draw an answer from one or more of the many owners of older boats to the effect that their boats are really very superior and don't have the particular issue or problem the newer boats have.  I think this site could really do without those types of comments.  They do not help us all improve our experiences with our boats, clutter up the site and make it more difficult to find the answers we're looking for.  I eliminated the SM from my consideration after being on one for a couple of hours.  But I'm not trashing the SM because something I didn't like about it.
Just my five cents.

Joerg Esdorn
A55 #53 Kincsem
Currently in La Rochelle