Re: Seacock Replacement Ball Valve in Head

Mark,

A Dremel worked fine for me.
You may not be able to remove the hose before you remove the valve. As an alternative, loosen the clamps on the hose barb on top of the valve, then unscrew the hose barb from the valve.

Also, have a method to heat the hose, which you will likely need to do.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Sat, Nov 27, 2021, 15:36 Rob Andrews <robsclan@...> wrote:
Hey Mark,
I did mine a few months ago and just used a 4 inch angle grinder (very carefully).  I could reach most of the way around with that and then finished off with a loose hacksaw blade.  They were the tools I had on hand and it worked without drama.
Rob.
--
Rob & Dee
SV Jaygo.