Electric Headsail Furler Replacements for Amel and Bamar MEJ & EJF

All,

Amel-designed Genoa Electric Furler:
As you may be aware there are no Amel-designed Genoa furlers available and there are only a few of the parts available from the Swiss guy who manufactured these for Amel. If you want a part now, or any time in the future, you should contact him immediately. When they are gone, they are gone. I suggest that at the very least you purchase the Bronze Spur Gear and Worm Gear, with possibly the bearings and seals. French only:  Pierangelo VIGNANDO <vikasa.vignando@...+41 79 447 21 42. Tell him I gave you his contact information.
Bronze and Worm Gear.jpg

BAMAR:
Regarding BAMAR MEJ furlers, you may be aware that BAMAR discontinued these belt-driven MEJ furlers and now sells the EJF, a gear-drive furler. BAMAR offered a reduced price to upgrade the MEJ to the EJF, which a number Amel 54 owners took advantage of. Regrettably, I am aware of two failures of the newer EJF furlers due to water intrusion. Water intrusion was a big issue with the MEJ.

Best Alternative today - FACNOR (same as the ProFurl on Amel 50 & 60) & Discount available to you
Some of you are aware of my review of an Amel 50 here. One of the things I really liked with the Amel 50 was the Profurl headsail furlers. I really liked them. Profurl and FACNOR have exactly the same electric headsail furlers. They are owned by the same company. These furlers are waterproof, among other things. More, click here
Photo of a FACNOR electric furler installed on an Amel 54.
image.png

Cost, Discounts, & Sharing with you:
My clients know that I try to negotiate discounts for them for Amel OEM quality replacements. I have just completed negotiations with FACNOR for a "Preferred Vendor" discount on these remarkable furlers regardless of where you have them installed in the world. I am notifying my clients of this, and if any Amel owner is interested in taking advantage of the discount I negotiated, please email me at brouse@... for more information because I would like to share this with you.

I am not affiliated with FACNOR, or any other Preferred Vendor. I never accept and always refuse any commission, reward, or fee of any sort from anyone to promote their products.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar