Von: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> im Auftrag von CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>
Datum: Sonntag, 5. Dezember 2021 um 15:45
An: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Betreff: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Bosch washing machine for Amel 54

BEKO is an up-and-coming Turkish manufacturer and in the US recently a Beko dishwasher was rated higher than Bosch, The measurements for the  BEKO WMB51022YU clothes washer mentioned by Porter: Height 84cm / Width 60cm / Depth 41,5cm. BTW, Porter replaced a failed Bosch with Beko because Bosch would not allow its authorized Bosch repair service in the US to order a replacement PCB for a Bosch washer distributed in Europe. I am sure that there is logic in this somewhere, but it eludes me.

Amel 54 OEM Washer is BOSCH WLX24460FF Height:85.6cm / Width:59.5cm / Depth:44.1cm

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Dec 5, 2021 at 3:10 AM Porter McRoberts via groups.io <portermcroberts=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Yes.

Beko WMB 51021 YU

Fits perfectly and amazing machine. 4+ years of heavy service. Amazing.

I can’t believe I have an opinion about a washing machine!

Porter McRoberts

S/V IBIS A54-152

WhatsApp:+1 754 265 2206

On Dec 5, 2021, at 4:50 PM, Rudolf Waldispuehl <Rudolf@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Did anyone replaced the Bosch washing Machine (WLX24460FF) Amel installed originally on the A54 with the Bosch WLT24440 (series6 - 6.5kg) ?

Dear Arno,

you have mentioned this Bosch machine two years ago as a possible replacement. Did you installed this Model on Luna?

The depth measure is 44.6 cm, slightly bigger than the original Bosch, and yes the model is still available in Europe.

Thanks for any reply

SY WASABI

A54 #55

Von: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> im Auftrag von Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...>
Datum: Donnerstag, 1. August 2019 um 04:41
An: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Betreff: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] washing machine and dryer for Amel 54

You will have fun finding a replacement. There are a few that you may be able to find with the same size.

I saw this at some point:

Bosch WLT24440

and/or Siemens WS12K440/WS10K460/WS10K160/WS10K360

But I’m not sure if they are still available

Bear in mind that Amel added some bolt-holes in the bottom to secure the machine.

Apparently you can remove the washer as one unit. The dryer needs to be taken apart completely in situ as it is too big.

The dryer was modified quite a bit by Amel. Basically they cut the lower back right corner off the machine and rerouted the exhaust through the bottom.

The dryer can still be obtained in the UK last time I checked:

White Knight C37AW 3 kg Dimensions  (H) 67 x (W) 50 x (D) 47cm (same machine, different brand)

White Knight C39AS 3.5 kg Dimensions: H67cm x W50cm x D47cm (bit more capacity because of reversing drum)

In my case I ended up replacing the heater element of the dryer as it was broken and repainting parts of both machines. They work fine now.

Arno Luijten,

SV Luna, A54-121