Re: Amel - made Genoa Furler Bronze Spur Gear

Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond

Hi Bill

We tried to email the Swiss guy 4 times with no reply.  We would really appreciate it if you can have the furling gear fabricated by another source.

We appreciate your efforts to assist with this furling gear issue and will definitely be interested in purchasing it.

Kind regards

Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond
SV Intrepid Kiwi
SM2K #356
Currently cruising Turkey

On Thu, 9 Dec 2021 at 1:03, CW Bill Rouse
<brouse@...> wrote:
I have recently given out the contact information of the Swiss guy who owned the machine shop that made the genoa furler for Amel. Apparently, he has gotten greedy and is quoting outrageous prices for spare parts. I need to borrow the bronze Spur Gear from someone to see if we can reverse engineer it. All SM owners are going to need this Spur Gear, especially if they have not added the ability to add grease to the genoa furler. Email me at brouse@...

image.png

image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar