Re: Amel - made Genoa Furler Bronze Spur Gear

Our goals are:
  1. To document and confirm the size of the Spur gear and document the other parts included in the Amel-sourced rebuild kit
  2. To find a machine shop that can:
    1. Duplicate the Bronze Spur Gear
    2. Sell & Ship the Spur Gear to Amel owners when ordered
At this time I am not sure that the steel worm gear was included in the kit, and I am not sure that the worm is needed in the kit because all of the worn parts I have seen are limited to bearings and the Spur Gear. I believe most of the other parts included in the Amel-sourced rebuild kit can be sourced by an Amel owner at various places local to the owner.
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Dec 12, 2021 at 10:08 AM Craig Briggs <sangaris68@...> wrote:
Bill,
That sounds great - thanks for coordinating.
My understanding is the SM and SN furlers were identical except for 24v vs 12v motors. Can you (or others) confirm that?
Many thanks,
Craig Briggs - s/v Sangaris / SN68  Tropic Isle Harbor, FL