Re: Suction valve on the sea chest and the vetus muffler

Danny,
  1. Turn off the sea chest valve.
  2. Operate anything like a saltwater electric toilet, or AC
  3. The alarm should sound within 5-10 seconds.
If the alarm doesn't sound, remove the switch, pipe, and hose and check for clogs. Clean everything and reinstall. Through trial and error adjust the sensitivity.

Maybe you missed what I posted earlier:
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Dec 12, 2021 at 1:35 PM Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:
Hi Kevin, I would be interested as to how you tested the vacuum sensor
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl
On 12/12/2021 04:47 Kevin Schmit <kevschmit64@...> wrote:

Eric,

just curious if you ever solved this Sea Chest vacuum sensor problem?  Mine isn’t working and I was going to email Maude for a price on a new sensor.  Did you ever get it to work properly or did you end up installing a totally different sensor and system?  I was hoping to avoid spending $ on a new sensor if it’s problematic to begin with….

any advice is appreciated.
--
Kevin & Kristen Schmit
KIANA