image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 9:34 AM Courtney Gorman via groups.io <Itsfun1=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Richie,
Your main concern with a dingy is one the size of the engine, how many people and stuff you want to carry, and how are you going to use it, ie short trips only in calm water for coastal cruising of for  longer range.  My opinion is buy as big as you have room for.  With a 15 hp 2 stroke or a 20 hp 4 stroke I would definitely get the CL310 it will store sidways on the aft cabin partially blocking the access to the stern on one side but I feel that you can live with.
Otherwise get the smaller and stow it longways on the aft cabin.
CHeers
Courtney
Trippin

-----Original Message-----
From: Richie Whyte <richiewhyte@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Dec 13, 2021 10:22 am
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Dinghy Sizing

I am considering purchasing a Highfield Classic Hypalon and I’m debating the merits of CL290 vs CL310 with my co owner. We are not on our boat at the moment to eyeball fitting etc. The debate centres around convenience to store the dinghy either up front or on the aft cabin roof. Ease of getting it on or off our SM2K and carrying capacity.
If any of you have either of these tenders I would be very grateful if you’d let me know if you are happy with it and whether you would change the size if you were to purchase another one.

Many thanks

Richie

Achill, Ireland
’Why Knot’, SM2K#261 on the hard in Leros, Greece