Re: [Amel] ISAF Category 1 modifications

kimberlite <kimberlite@...>

What model and year Amel do You have?

My Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite is deck stepped and does not require
what is referred to as a Bermuda bolt.

Also on the Amel Super Maramu there are numerous reasons that the boat does
not qualify for ORC1.

For example no trysail track and no quick way to add a storm jib. The stern
rail is made of rope and not a continuous metal wire, the center post on the
stern rail is not permanently fixed. including a way to rig an emergency
rudder. You need lock downs for all hatches, the water tank can not be one
tank. I once made a list of orc1 reasons that the boat does not qualify. I
forgot most of the things that I would have to do and ignored them.

I think I found over 30 scrutineering errors. However , having my last boat
certified orc1, I would put the Amel against it any day.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____