Re: Dinghy Sizing

Chuck_Kim_Joy

Hi Richie,
We just purchased the cl310 hyp. Perfect fit for a 15 hp and 4 people. Aft or foredeck no problem. I came from an AB lumina about the same size. I don't know if it is the design of the Highfield or a tuned up yami 15 but getting on plane is fast and the ride is good. The step is great and so is storing the fuel container.

Chuck
Joy sm#388
St. Martin

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 11:22 AM Richie Whyte <richiewhyte@...> wrote:

I am considering purchasing a Highfield Classic Hypalon and I’m debating the merits of CL290 vs CL310 with my co owner. We are not on our boat at the moment to eyeball fitting etc. The debate centres around convenience to store the dinghy either up front or on the aft cabin roof. Ease of getting it on or off our SM2K and carrying capacity.

If any of you have either of these tenders I would be very grateful if you’d let me know if you are happy with it and whether you would change the size if you were to purchase another one.

Many thanks

Richie

Achill, Ireland
’Why Knot’, SM2K#261 on the hard in Leros, Greece