Re: Bowthruster - damaged hex-nut [count on drilling out that bolt and re-tapping the hole + TORX]

Miles

Hi Eric,

I do the same with my bow thruster but  only once a year.  I have never had any problems.  I also put Silicon grease on the shaft.  This makes it slide up and down easily and maybe increases the life of the donuts.

The agent in Martinique is Douglas Yacht Services or just DYS.  The form makes you exempt from import duties as well as VAT .  It is worth it if you are spending much on your boat.   In the last year or two, I have come to lean on Douglas Yacht Services for more things, making life easier for me in this time of rapidly changing regulations.  They can do or arrange just about anything.  https://www.douglasyachtservices.fr/ .

Miles

S/Y Ladybug SM 216