Re: Amel - made Genoa Furler Bronze Spur Gear

Nicolas Klene

Hello Bill
I have a very good well equipped with latest machine technology shop who has done parts for me before , so if you could give me a few scaled measure , infos &  photos I could ask for a quote !
All the best
Nicolas
DarNico
Amel 53#471
Marseille 🇫🇷

Le 12 déc. 2021 à 17:22, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> a écrit :

Hanspeter,

Thanks for your email and your offer. I know the Swiss guy is 80 and not doing this anymore, but he has some parts inventory from when he was making this furler for Amel. I have had dozens of email discussions with him over the past several years.

I do not need your old Spur gear. Another SM owner is loaning us a complete overhaul kit supplied by Amel. We are attempting to find a quality and reliable machine shop to duplicate the original Spur and ship it to Amel owners when they order it from him.

I will let everyone know sometime next year when the details are worked out.
Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Dec 12, 2021 at 12:01 PM hanspeter baettig <hanspeter.baettig@...> wrote:
Hi Bill
Its Hanspeter, Tamango 2; Nr.16
The Swiss Guy you mentioned is not doing anymore this Spur Gear. He is more then 80 Years old. I got the last Spur Gear Amel had in stock from Albin in Martinique, last Year.
My old one was a littel worn out, but still functioned after 29 Years of lots of sailing . 4 times Atlantic crossing.
So What should I do ?
Send the old one to you to Texas ?
Pls advice.
I’m until January in Santa Marta, Columbia
You have I think still my email
Best regards
Hanspeter
SM 16, Tamango 2

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 08.12.2021 um 17:03 schrieb CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>:

I have recently given out the contact information of the Swiss guy who owned the machine shop that made the genoa furler for Amel. Apparently, he has gotten greedy and is quoting outrageous prices for spare parts. I need to borrow the bronze Spur Gear from someone to see if we can reverse engineer it. All SM owners are going to need this Spur Gear, especially if they have not added the ability to add grease to the genoa furler. Email me at brouse@...

<image.png>

<image.png>

--
Nicolas Klene