Re: Swivel head

Normally the swivel is specified in terms of the foil diameter. The main foil diameter of a SM is 38mm.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Dec 19, 2021 at 4:35 PM Gregory Shea <gmshea@...> wrote:
Heinz,
That is a swivel for your SM but maybe it would work on a Sharki or Maramu? The main sail Sharki swivel is 10 cm diameter, what diameter is the one in your photo?

Greg Shea
Sharki 133 Cap des Iles
Kilada

On Dec 18, 2021, at 3:27 PM, Heinz Stutenbaeumer <heinz@...> wrote:

 YOU WILL GET IT FROM AMEL.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Heinz Stutenbäumer

Am 18.12.2021 um 20:28 schrieb Ken Smith <ken363184@...>:

 On M202 the swivel was for a 53mm foil and frozen. Amel did not have a replacement swivel.

After a couple of weeks at the machine shop it was returned functional.

Additional detail with pics available if needed.

Regards, Ken
Bon Edda M202

On Dec 18, 2021, at 2:12 PM, Dirk Hazenoot Maramu Huli 171 via groups.io <dekoer=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

Dear Amel friends,

Inside the furling system on our Amel Maramu 1985 hull 171 the inner ring that leads swivel around the furling has broken off.
Does anyone know if I can buy parts for the swivel separately from Amel or do I have to go to a machine factory.

Dirk Hull 171