De: jurgenjohanssen <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
Objet: [Amel] Mango Bow Thruster
À: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: samedi 16 Janvier 2010, 10 h 50

Hi,

As fairly new owner of the Mango #18 built 1981 I am experiencing some difficulties manoeuvring the boat astern in small Turkish and Greek marinas/harbours because my bow thruster does not work. I never owed a boat with bow thruster and always thought this was an unnecessary extra. Now I know better. But there must be also a way to make a Mango go astern the way you want her to go without a thruster. What is the trick?

My next question is how to dismantle the thruster motor from the shaft without creating to much damage? I tried it without success. My motor is full of water and needs some overhaul. The original seal is not existing anymore. Somebody poured a sort of 5cm thick 20cm diameter polyester sleeve as a seal on top of the exit inside the boat. It is not very effective.

Would appreciate some advise. Thank you.

Best regards

Juergen 'ARGO IV'

Découvrez les styles qui font sensation sur Yahoo! Québec Avatars.
http://cf.avatars.yahoo.com/