Re: [Amel] Polytrol

john martin <symoondog@...>

Yes, and it doesn't work very well. Its great for the deck, that's all. For the other, buy a small electric buffer and apply a coat of fiberglass cleaner/restorer or a good car cleaner and buff it out. After that apply a coat of fiberglass wax or even a good car wax, put a new cover on the buffer and buff it, she will shine. Don't use a cleaner/wax, you're to dull for that. John "Moon Dog" SM 248

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: no_reply@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 16:04:10 +0000
Subject: [Amel] Polytrol

Hi,

I am the owner of a 1981 built Mango and would like her to look a bit nicer without re painting her. Obviously the gel coat looks a bit old, is dull and cracked. I have read that some of you have used Polytrol on your decks. What about using it also on the hull and cabin sides etc. According to the manufacturer Owatrol, it should make your boot just about look like new. Has anybody of you tried it?

Thank you and best regards

Juergen 'ARGO IV'