Re: Swivel head

Gregory Shea

Heinz, 
I have spent almost as much on parts to repair my Sharki swivel as Amel wants for a complete SM swivel. 
There are two more Sharkis that are following my progress and if a SM swivel will fit, they may be better off to buy a complete SM swivel from Amel. Until your posting I was not aware that Amel had replacement swivels for any models. It would be amazing if the SM swivel could be used on a Sharki or Maramu.
Thanks for your help with this.

Greg Shea 
Sharki 133, Cap des iles
Kilada

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Heinz Stutenbaeumer <heinz@...>
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2021 4:15 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Swivel head

There is the old one and the new one on Bord. My Problem was that amel did not have spare parts. They only had the compled swivel. 
Cheers Heinz 

Am 22.12.2021 21:48 schrieb Gregory Shea <gmshea@...>:
Heinz, 
If Mike can measure the swivel in January, that will be fine. Will it be the new swivel you bought from Amel?

Greg Shea
Sharki 133 Cap des iles
Kilada

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Heinz Stutenbaeumer <heinz@...>
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2021 12:00 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>

Hallo my Problem is that my Quetzal is in New Zealand and I am in Berlin.  And the Kiwis will not let me in. But there is an other Amel owner.  Mike Lonkor and he will do a Job on the Quetzal in Januar. Maybee he can give you the anther if he is on my Quetzal.  Cheers Heinz 

Am 22.12.2021 15:37 schrieb Gregory Shea <gmshea@...>:
Heinz, 
My foil is 35 mm also, so a SM furler may fit a Sharki. Is it possible for you to measure the inside and outside diameters of your swivel?
Do you still have your old one? 

Greg Shea
Sharki 133 Cap des iles
Kilada
From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of heinz@... <heinz@...>
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2021 2:48 AM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>

On my sm 2000, 292 
The aluminum poles for the furling are :
Mizzenmast 35mm
Main mast 35mm
Genoa 51,5mm diameter

Cheers
Heinz Stutenbäumer

Am 20.12.2021 um 00:38 schrieb CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>:

Normally the swivel is specified in terms of the foil diameter. The main foil diameter of a SM is 38mm.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Dec 19, 2021 at 4:35 PM Gregory Shea <gmshea@...> wrote:
Heinz, 
That is a swivel for your SM but maybe it would work on a Sharki or Maramu? The main sail Sharki swivel is 10 cm diameter, what diameter is the one in your photo?

Greg Shea
Sharki 133 Cap des Iles 
Kilada

On Dec 18, 2021, at 3:27 PM, Heinz Stutenbaeumer <heinz@...> wrote:

YOU WILL GET IT FROM AMEL. 

Mit freundlichen Grüßen 
Heinz Stutenbäumer

Am 18.12.2021 um 20:28 schrieb Ken Smith <ken363184@...>:

On M202 the swivel was for a 53mm foil and frozen. Amel did not have a replacement swivel.

After a couple of weeks at the machine shop it was returned functional.

Additional detail with pics available if needed.

Regards, Ken
Bon Edda M202

On Dec 18, 2021, at 2:12 PM, Dirk Hazenoot Maramu Huli 171 via groups.io <dekoer=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

Dear Amel friends,

Inside the furling system on our Amel Maramu 1985 hull 171 the inner ring that leads swivel around the furling has broken off.  
Does anyone know if I can buy parts for the swivel separately from Amel or do I have to go to a machine factory.

Dirk Hull 171 

--
Hello 
Since yesterday when I tried to park in a box in a marina in Auckland my bow thruster motor failed. 
If I turn the beam to the left or right the whole power supply breaks down for a moment. After that the power is back. 
I took the rudder off and it can be turned perfectly by hand. 
But the same happens with the engine. No power for a few seconds, all instruments off, no rotation of the motor. 
Does anyone know this problem. 
Does anyone know how I can find out if it's the motor or maybe a relay that doesn't work. 
Can I test the motor without a relay, maybe on the 4 cables marked D1, D2, and A1, A2?
I am grateful for a quick answer.
Heinz SY Quetzal, SM 2000, 292

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.