Re: New Engine

Matt,

I could not have said it better. In the very near future, I expect this non-computer Beta solution to disappear, but for now, it is available. Many people are not aware that the Beta engine is a Kabuto diesel that has been converted to raw water cooling.

Bill

On Fri, Dec 24, 2021 at 8:53 AM Matt Salatino via groups.io <helmsmatt=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
My own penchant for simplicity would push me to the Beta.
no electronic fuel injection, plethora of sensors, turbo…….
the repair bill on an engine dependent on electronics, when the boat is struck by lightning, is a significant percentage of the initial cost of the engine.
Not to mention the additional spares requirement to cover faulty sensors.
If time is of the essence, go with the choice that depends less on electronics.