Re: Water maker hose in the Bahamas

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi Pat;

We had a leak at one of the HP hose connections a couple of years ago. Luckily the smoke detector that we had installed in the engine room alerted us to the water mist, before the leak got worse and did damage to the electronics. Also, the black protective covering on the HP hoses was flaking off.  We ordered all hoses and connectors direct from Desalator and replaced all HP hoses and the hose from the LP to HP pump. The new hoses are supposed to be much better and have UV protectant, so they should last a lot longer. The job was easier than I had anticipated and was able to complete it in less than a day. We were however in Europe and shipping was not an issue.

I would recommend contacting Martin Dee Jong, the main technical guy at Desalator. He can be contacted on WhatsApp at +33607346511. He is very knowledgeable and helpful. Since they do ship all over the world, I’m sure they can figure it out and get it out to you. They are more expensive than other suppliers, as you know.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Patrick McAneny via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2021 5:34 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Water maker hose in the Bahamas

We just arrived in the Spanish Wells,Bahamas yesterday and this morning I discovered a bad leak in the high pressure hose fitting on the water maker . What is the psi needed for the hose coming off the high pressure pump? I expect it to be a long hassle to get a replacement sent here. 

Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.