Re: Sirocco II Caframo cooling fan location and how to install properly.

Colin - ex SV Island Pearl

We put 11 in, one above every bunk position = 6, 2 in saloon, one at chart table, and 1 in each heads.
Excellent, used daily during our circumnavigation on a SM, simple to install with instructions, and used the light power cables.
Ours were almost always on as they used near-zero power.
We sold our SM and now have these in our RV as well - best investment out!
Best of luck
Colin
Ex SV Island Pearl II
SM - Brisbane

On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 12:48 PM Chris Paul via groups.io <chris__paul=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi,
I could not find any information about this so I hope someone can help me.
I have just bought 2 Sirocco DC fans with 2 more on order.
I am unsure about preferred locations and unsure of the best method to install them.
My questions:
  •     How many fans do other Amel SM's have?
  •     What locations?
  •     How to install?
    • drill holes into timber???Emoji
    • where should the power come from? (probably a nearby light)
    • do I need any electrical parts
  •     Does anybody use portable DC or maybe AC blade-less fans?

Regards, Chris Paul
Yacht Glazig
SM 352
Whangarei, NZ