Re: Sirocco II Caframo cooling fan location and how to install properly.

Chris Paul

Thanks Colin & Bill,
Time to find the light circuit wiring and drill some holes in the woodwork.

Regards, Chris Paul (0427788800)

On Friday, 31 December 2021, 03:03:47 am NZDT, Bill Kinney <cruisingconsulting@...> wrote:

Chris,

I suspect that fan locations were an option from Amel, since I have seen boats with many, and with none.

The Scirocco fans are a huge improvement over the Hella fans that were used by the factory. They last a long time, throw a lot of air, and are quiet.

They come with a baseplate that attaches the the wall, which the fan then attaches to.  They include a piece of thick double sided tape to attach the plate, which is also screwed down.  The tape is not strong enough to hold the fan by itself so the screw are needed.  But do not be tempted to skip the tape, it plays an important part in noise an vibration damping.

The lighting circuit is the best power source.  It runs along both sides of the boat, and is fairly easy to access from the cable chases.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Fort Lauderdale, FL