Re: Lewmar winch service kit

Paul,

Assuming that you have the original Bamar MEJ 1.02 furlers that were standard on your A54 #98, look at the highlighted items on page 53 of the following MEJ Use & Maintenance Manual.

Amel installed a heavier-duty MEJ 2.02 on some of the last A54s, but I do not know the exact hull number involved in this upgrade. I do not think it was as low as #98.
Bill

On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 6:44 AM Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer <ulrich.dangelmeyer@...> wrote:
Hi Paul,, Happy New Year, and fair winds!

there is a standard Lewmar service kit available, not so cheap, containing spare springs and pawls, oil and grease in a tube, brushes, also an instruction paper for dismantling, greasing and retro fitting.

You are more clever, to buy only the pawls and springs as genuine spares and use a speciall marine grease for winches in a can, (you´ll need more than in the Lewmar tube), and also thin marine oil for the pawls (only for them).
different brushes and kerosine for cleaning you have already on board, I presume. google also for the genuine Lewmar service and maintenance instruction paper. Easy like all this service.

Best Regards
Ulrich
S/Y „Soleil Bleu“ / A54#088

Am 06.01.2022 um 13:07 schrieb Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...>:

Hi all,

I would like to find out which service kit I need for the headsail winches on A54. I’m not on the boat at present and cannot recall what size these are. Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Dowd & Sharon Brown
S/Y Ya Fohi, Amel 54 #98