Re: From 230V to 120V #alignment

Scott SV Tengah

Our boat is 230v but we spent some time in 120v land. We do not have an isolation transformer.

We don't spend a lot of time in marinas, but we found that most of them in 120v land had a pedestal with 240v/60hz. As others mentioned, the issue, even with an isolation transformer, will be the 60hz, which makes our dishwasher, microwave and clothes washing machine not work correctly. The AC pump also runs noticeably faster but I don't think they get damaged.

Our 120amp and 80 amp chargers can take 240v/60hz and output the proper DC battery charging voltage, so we just charged up our batteries and then unplugged from shore power and ran everything off our inverter.

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69