Re: Genoa car control wheel

You are referring to Mark McGovern, and if Henri could have a "do-over" I believe that Henri would have done what Mark created.
image.png

On Sat, Jan 8, 2022 at 11:29 PM Eric Freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

There is a member on this group that makes magnificent Stainless steel Cars.

If you plan on using the Amel cars, make sure you use something like duralac or some other material that will not allow the stainless to corrode into the aluminum.

Personally , I would search the group and find the Stainless cars and keep the Amel ones as a spare.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io On Behalf Of Thomas Kleman
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2022 7:35 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Genoa car control wheel

On SM 422 (SV L’ORIENT), Ive replaced both genoa car control wheels as they corroded and fractured. This job was complicated by the fact that they were aluminum and in contact with the stainless steel rod mounting, and held in place by stainless steel screws. The corrosion was such that cutting tools were required just to get it off the mounting. I got my replacement wheels from Amel but Im concerned about this dissimilar metal issue. Im hoping someone has a creative solution.

Thomas Kleman
SV L’ORIENT
Society Islands