Re: Should I Refit a Furuno or choose a B&G plotter?

Bruno COTTE

On my A 55#63 I am very happy with the Furuno TZ2 plotter . What problems have you ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 9 janv. 2022 à 20:12, Joan Blaas <joan.blaas@...> a écrit :

Dear fellow Amel owners,

The original Furuno Navnet plotter & radar on my Amel 55 needs to be replaced. I also have a b&g H3000 Hydra system as wel as two Furuno Fab 7002 autopilots. The Hydra works fine the autopilots have a bit a mind of their own...

I now only want to replace the plotter & radar and later on this year/next year replace the whole system. We are planning a Atlantic circumnavigation in 2023/2024.

I need some advice / opinion what I should do? Should I stick to the Amel tradition with a Furuno plotter/radar (and complexity of a multi brand system) or gradually move to an B&G only system?

And what model should I choose?

Your experience and advise.is highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Joan
SV Caconano
Amel55 #05