Re: Ensign (Flag sizing)

It could be any size. Different owners=different sizes.

The rule established long ago by the British is 1 inch of length for each foot of LOA. Of course this is appropriate.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022, 11:27 Richie Whyte <richiewhyte@...> wrote:

Evening to you all from a cold, wet and windy west of Ireland.

We reflagged our SM2K on paper last year and now we want to put our actual flag on her. Amel provided a wooden flag pole to display the ensign but not being at the boat I can’t get the measurements of the current flag to order a replacement.

Does anyone know off the top of their head the dimensions of the ensign suitable for the pole.

Many thanks

Richie

Why Knot
SM2K#261