Re: What to do with LiFePO4 batteries when the boat is layed up?

Joerg Esdorn

I’m reading an article in the Wall Street Journal this morning about Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries become the prevailing battery technology for electric cars in China.  The article includes the following quote of Elon Musk: “I’d personally slightly opt for the iron pack, as it wants to be charged to 100% whereas nickel prefers ~90%.”  So is there really no concern about charging LiFePO4 batteries to 100% or is Elon talking about a different technology?

Joerg Esdorn
A55 #53 Kincsem
Currently in La Rochelle