Kent, The black doughnut section that comes out extends inside the aluminum
housing. Drill and tap through the housing into the black section and
insert a set screw. Pat SM123

In a message dated 1/24/2010 5:54:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
karkauai@... writes:

I'm glad you asked that, Mark. I've been taping mine with electrical tape
which didn't last long, then most recently with a couple layers of duct
tape covered with electrical tape which is lasting a little longer. I'll be
interested to hear what others have done.
Kent
SM 243
Kristy

--- On Wed, 1/20/10, Mark <_markghayden@markghayd_
(mailto:markghayden@...) > wrote:

From: Mark <_markghayden@markghayd_ (mailto:markghayden@...) >
Subject: [Amel] loose furling knob on mizzen
To: _amelyachtowners@amelyachtowname_
(mailto:amelyachtowners@...)
Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2010, 11:22 AM

The black donut mizzen furling knob that wraps the socket for the winch
handle is loose. I always have to push it back in before/after
furling/unfurling my mizzen. Not a major problem but annoying nonetheless.

I asked the Amel guys in Guadeloupe to fix this, which I think they tried
by using glue of some sort. But it came loose after a couple of weeks.

Has anyone else has this problem? Is there a good fix?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

SM2K #331