Re: Machining AMEL-specific tools in NZ (outhaul puller PLUS wrench for the rudder-post-packing nut)

David Vogel

Hi Raul,

Re: BCE Precision Ltd on Port Rd in Whangarei,

Great, thanks. Terry from ASM was my first choice, but he is still on Christmas vacation. So I’ll try these guys tomorrow.

Best,

David

From: <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Raul Schleier <raul.schleier@...>
Reply-To: <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Date: Tuesday, 18 January 2022 at 2:53 pm
To: <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Machining AMEL-specific tools in NZ (outhaul puller PLUS wrench for the rudder-post-packing nut)

Hi David,
Just for your reference…..below is a photo of the puller that I borrowed from my friendly Amel neighbour, Charlie on Gemma. All credits to him and hopefully I haven’t infringed on his copyright. He said he welded it together from some pieces of steel bars and rods and nuts. Perhaps not the prettiest thing but I don’t think that was the intention. It can be dismantled and it works which is the most important feature. If I’d owned a welder I’d probably put together a similar contraption.

If you’re still looking for machine shops, I had that little engine/c-drive alignment tool fabricated at BCE Precision Ltd on Port Rd in Whangarei last year (NZD$230 incl GST). I haven’t tried it yet, but those guys can probably fabricate the puller too.

Cheers
Raul
SM2k #344

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.