From: <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Raul Schleier <raul.schleier@...>
Date: Tuesday, 18 January 2022 at 2:53 pm
To: <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Machining AMEL-specific tools in NZ (outhaul puller PLUS wrench for the rudder-post-packing nut)

Hi David,
Just for your reference…..below is a photo of the puller that I borrowed from my friendly Amel neighbour, Charlie on Gemma. All credits to him and hopefully I haven’t infringed on his copyright. He said he welded it together from some pieces of steel bars and rods and nuts. Perhaps not the prettiest thing but I don’t think that was the intention. It can be dismantled and it works which is the most important feature. If I’d owned a welder I’d probably put together a similar contraption.

If you’re still looking for machine shops, I had that little engine/c-drive alignment tool fabricated at BCE Precision Ltd on Port Rd in Whangarei last year (NZD$230 incl GST). I haven’t tried it yet, but those guys can probably fabricate the puller too.

Cheers
Raul
SM2k #344