Re: Check your GPS / AIS devices. Some of them failed on Jan 2, 2022 due to the "GPS Rollover" bug

Scott SV Tengah

Are you using Windows? Try turning off all the Windows firewalls.

As an aside, I tried to update my GP-150 on my own. I got the software and instructions and had to edit the batch file to refer to the right com port. I got further along but it still didn’t work.

It turns out you need to jumper 2 pairs of pins in the DB9/serial/rs232 port. There’s a wiring diagram in the update instructions but I learned that just because your DB9 port works right now to feed NMEA data to your computer doesn’t mean that the DB9 cable is setup correctly to update the GP-150. I reached out to Furuno and they told me they had to make a connector themselves, carefully soldering the 2 pairs of wires together inside the DB9 connector. That’s a one-off modification that is necessary solely to update the GP-150!

Long story short, we are too remote right now to risk damaging our only DB-9 cable and losing the ability to feed our positionally correct GP-150 data to our computer, so I am not going to risk it.

From: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Chantal & Alain sv Makemo <Alainrue@...>
Reply-To: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Date: Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 3:10 PM
To: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Check your GPS / AIS devices. Some of them failed on Jan 2, 2022 due to the "GPS Rollover" bug

Hello Scott,
good to know you were successful in updating your FA50.
we git the same issue no longer emitting despite the fact our date has not been reset.
I got the software for the update as well as the password fir the memory clear but when I connect my laptop with FA50 off , everything goes well then I switch on the AIS which is located by the PC but then I get a time out message during the automatic launch of the corrective program. Any idea about this issue? I am going through the hub and not with a cross cable.
Indeed we are far away from a Furuno dealer.
thanks for any contribution
regards
Alain

--
Scott 
2007 A54 #69
SV Tengah
http://www.svtengah.com

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.