Re: Super Maramu Heaving To sail combination?

PAOLO CUNEO

Hi all,
I experimented heaving to for self training and experimenting more than out of a real necessity. I used the combination headsail rolled up  to a small triangle/mizzen and the combination was acceptable but not entirely stable and, sometimes, the boat was more broadside then desirable. Incidentally, has anybody noticed any chafe on the backed  Genoa sheet after a long period hove to?
Apart from that, I found quite interesting the alternative suggested by David of
Perigee of using solely 1/3 backed mizzen and I’ll try it out on the next opportunity
Paolo Cuneo
SM 454 Whisper

Inviato da iPad

--