Re: C drive transmission failure

Craig Briggs

Roman & Ira,
If you go to Photos and Search for C-Drive you will get some pictures from when I pulled mine that may be helpful. In particular, you'll see how you have to cut away the fairing to get at the front plate allen screws. The entire removed shaft is also shown.
I learned only later that there is a lifting eye on the underside of the engine room overhead directly over the C-Drive that would have helped immensely to life it out.  Also notice the "O" rings on the "trumpet" - you'll want to replace those while you're at it and you should probably also renew the large hose that goes around the hull opening with the large hose clamps on it.
A super fun project - enjoy!
--
Craig Briggs - s/v Sangaris / SN68  Tropic Isle Harbor, FL