Re: Raising Boot Stripe

karkauai

I added 50ft of chain to the bow locker, and moved my tools and some other heavier items forward.  She sails better, particularly upwind, with less banging into the seas.  She seems faster, too, but I can't document that.  2 years after making those changes, I changed the waterline to reflect the way she sits.  It makes a huge difference in cleaning the hull.  Our waterline now starts where the old waterline was, and comes aft to finish a few inches above where the original line was on the stern.
Kent
SM 243
Kristy

--