Re: Several Important things that you will want

David,

Email him your questions using Google translate and include a photo of your furler.

I have successfully used this method to communicate with him.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022, 11:24 david bruce <davidcbruce57@...> wrote:
Thanks Bill,

Will follow advice to keep it well sealed and lubed, (perhaps a French fluent member inquiring of him regarding their SM might be kind enough to ask about Santorins as well some day?)

Best,
Dave
Liesse
SN006

On 26 Jan 2022, at 7:24 PM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

David,

I do not know, but the person offering these kits will likely know as I believe he made all of the Genoa furlers for Amel. Get his contact info from the attachment in the original posting and communicate in French only. Good luck.

Steve, exactly! I believe that the Amel Genoa Furlers will last an indefinite time if the bearing and seals are changed when needed and the gears are kept lubricated with grease.

Bill

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 9:58 AM david bruce <davidcbruce57@...> wrote:
Bill, (or anyone)  While we’re discussing genoa furlers.  Would you know if, regarding the irreparable nature and lack of replacement parts for early model year genoa furlers for SM’s, this would apply to early model Santorins as well?    Be good to know.  Thanks.

Best regards,
Dave Bruce
Liesse
SN006
Preveza, Greece

On 26 Jan 2022, at 6:33 PM, Stephen Davis <flyboyscd@...> wrote:

I’m curious when Amel decided to change to the genoa furler installed on most of the SMs. We have SM #72, and our gearbox and motor is the same as the later boats. In 2015 we overhauled the genoa gearbox, and needed to replace all the seals and bearings. However, in spite of many miles sailed, the stainless worm gear and the bronze gear showed very little wear, and we chose not to replace them. I still have spares of both of those gears, but wonder if I’ll ever need to replace them. When we got the gearbox apart, it was still full of grease.

Regards,
Steve Davis
Aloha SM #72, Mazatlan, Mexico