alcohol and then not touch it with your fingers. This is true even
if you remove the bulb from the package without touching it. These
bulbs are exceptionally sensitive to contamination. I keep a small
bottle of alcohol in the same tupperware box as the spare halogen
bulbs. My bulb life is up dramatically.

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "the Lundstroms"
<linneasail@h...> wrote:
Untitled DocumentWe have had "Linnea" fore about 9 months (hull
#366). We have to change our interior light bulbs all the time
(particular the small halogen ones). Even though we try to not have
all the lights on, we end up switching out about 2-3 light bulbs per
week.

When we talked to Amel about it a while back, they explained that
the problem is with the "Smart Charger" (an option we bought) because
it pushes the voltage up to 28V frequently (when you are on shore
power) which is to much for the halogen light bulbs. This makes lots
of sense, but it's still frustrating to switch out light bulbs all
the time.

Does anybody else have the same problem?

S/Y Linnea
Walter Lundstrom