Re: Amel Maramu replacement waterlock

Ian Park

I have one on my Santorin. No issues. When clearing out weed from the raw water strainer I forgot to open the seacock again. But I had fitted an inexpensive high temperature alarm to the exhaust pipe just below the exhaust elbow. I stopped the engine immediately to open the seacock. It saved me unknown damage. I believe Bill Rouse posted a recommendation about these a couple of years ago. The issue isn’t about the material the water lock is made from it’s about early prevention of an overheating engine.

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN96