Re: Autopilot and other questions

Dirk Hazenoot Maramu Huli 171

Hi Ben,

We are also proud owners of an Amel Maramu hull 171. We are preparing the boat for our world trip. We were also looking for a backup autopilot. I think there is not enough room on the back of the rudder for a linear drive. We have decided to install a Hydrovane so that we immediately have an emergency rudder and can also have our boat steered when our electrical systems are out, for example due to a lightning strike.

If I can help you with anything and if you want to exchange experiences, my email address is dekoer@....

We are doing a complete refit and are on the boat every day. If you have any questions let us know.