Re: Maramu design #replacement

Alex BAIZEAU

Hi Jean René,

I recently replaced all the porthole windows and the best way to go about is to take them down carefully without breaking them and have them copied,

Regardless I took some rough measurements before ordering a sheet of bronze acrylic that could be large enough to accommodate all the windows (see attached drawing)

Warning: none of the windows are actually true rectangles, especially the forward ones that are really banana shaped, this drawing is not good enough for cutting.

I’m very pleased with the end result.

For the hatch lenses (Panneau de ponts) They are all “Goiot tradition”

The one in the rear cabin is part size “50.37”, spare acrylic size is 527x397mm we got one from international boat in France for ~150 euros, it might be cheaper to get it copied...

Not sure about the other ones.

Cheers
Alex

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 7:33 PM Jean-René Guichard <spd22us@...> wrote:
To all Maramu' owners, Looking for the measurements of the side windows front and rear. I am preparing a refit and need to change that as they have cracks and even with tape on it it's leaking...on top of this i will really appreciate the measurements of all deck windows (don't know the right english name for it...panneau de pont in french, including the one in the rear cabin...mine are quite old and seems to start the water coming in..

Request because boat is in Greece and due to Covid I was not able to go there the past two years.....preparing to drive down with all equipments by spring. Thanks for your help
JR