Re: Question how to do the alignment of the Furuno rudder reference unit fap-6112

I am not sure what you are doing but will add that you have to do the same process with each pilot.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 9:39 AM Hans-Joerg Wildhagen <carpediemsail@...> wrote:
Hi Bill
Thank you for the quick response.
I have this document.
But I have set center before and it says done
See picture
But the alignment will not work
He don’t let me do the physical Center a second time.
Any idea

Cheers Hans

CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> schrieb am Sa. 29. Jan. 2022 um 10:05:
You need this manual: Furuno navpilot700_711c_720_installation_manual.pdf

You'll mechanically set the rudder references and the rudder to the center position, then electronically set the pilot to center.
image.png

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 8:44 AM Hans-Joerg Wildhagen <carpediemsail@...> wrote:
Good morning

I have two reference units. One I did replace. But the alignment matches not with the rudderposition.
When the alignment is ok than it’s like on the picture with reference units
When the rudder is in the center than it looks like on picture with 711 autopilot
Hm….
See pictures

Any ideas?
Thank for your help.