Re: Machining AMEL-specific tools in NZ (outhaul puller PLUS wrench for the rudder-post-packing nut)

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

For the packing nut wrench how about get a piece of flat aluminum out of a engineers scrap bin and spend a  it of time with a cutting wheel on an angle grinder (or a hacksaw), finish it off with a file and sand paper. That's what I would do if my pipe wrench wasn't so effective.
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl

On 02/02/2022 17:31 David Vogel <david.vogel@...> wrote:

QUICK UPDATE:

Only "official" quote I have been able to obtain thus far for a wrench, machined in SS308, has been over NZD150- (each, for a minimum production run of 4); so I am still researching you find a more acceptable alternative.

I will keep you posted. Thanks to all who have provided info and advice to date (not always seen via this forum).

BTW, I have paid for a CAD/CAM file, which may assist a production run.

Best,

David