Re: Bilge Pump not self priming
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
I am not sure I would trust that person (technician) to do anything on my boat. That pump is a great pump and sells for about 700 euro and is completely rebuildable!
The common failure is a suction side leak. A suction side leak will not be visible with any water. In about 20 cases that I have seen, air is entering the suction side, causing it not to pull water up to the pump.
1. The 32mm hose is 6+ years old and has hardened, causing air to enter at the joint between the suction hose and the pump barbed hose fitting.
2. There is only one hose clamp at the 32mm suction hose barb.
3. There is foreign matter inside the pump (see tricks below)
4. The internal flapper valves need replacing
5. The internal diaphragm is cracked and needs replacing
6. The internal large O ring is leaking air and probably needs cleaning and greasing
7. The barbed hose fitting at the suction side is not correctly sealed to the pump
8. The Joker Valve needs to be replaced.
On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 5:44 PM Richie Whyte <richiewhyte@...> wrote: