Re: [Amel] the art of "hoving to"

Iv Pepe <iv_pepe@...>

Hi, RIchard,

Iv the Amel meter go to 300 remaining I charg in a 35-40 min abb, to get 30-35A more.Iv the voltige gets 24V how long you charge?  Rey is a Dolfin I thing?
Im thincing to instal a 150A alternator and 80 or 100A battery charge
SM223 Fortuna
Iv

Enviado: jue,4 febrero, 2010 13:31
Asunto: Re: [Amel] the art of "hoving to"

Pepe how are you determining your power remaining in your batteries. We find that the Amel meter is not 100% accurte we keep an eye on the Voltage meter when it gets to 24 volts we charge. Using the gen set by way of an 80 amp Rey charger.
Good luck
Richard SM 209
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 13:20:06
To: <amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com>
Subject: Re: [Amel] the art of "hoving to"

Hi ,Kent,
I have a SM223 with 105hp tamd22 and 60A alternator,you  my have the same engin? My problem is
having a daily daily consumtiopn abb 150Ah, charging twice a day one hr.I get in batteries not more then 70 -75 A.After 3-4 days my batterie bank is abb,50% empty!!
Pls explain how youi manage with this.
SM223 Fortuna
Iv

____________ _________ _________ __
De: Kent Robertson <karkauai@yahoo. com>
Para: amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com
Enviado: sáb,12 diciembre, 2009 06:28
Asunto: [Amel] the art of "hoving to"

Hi, John, et al,
I tried heaving-to while waiting to come into St Thomas.  We were in 25kt winds and 4-6 ft seas.  With the main and jib (135%) each at about 1 "reef" the motion was comfortable, but the bow kept dropping off and I sailed out of my "slick" at about 1.5kts.  When I brought out the mizzen and finally rolled up the jib completely she sat at the prescribed "50degrees" off the wind, but still made enough headway that I sailed out of the slick.  It was fine for the purpose this time, but if I understand correctly, I want to be slipping directly downwind to keep the slick between me and the oncoming waves if I'm in a breaking sea (a la the Pardee's).Anyone with an SM who's figured out how to do that without deploying a sea anchor off the side of the boat?

Thanks,
Kent
SM 243
"Kristy"

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.