Re: Amel 39 #newboat

JB Duler

Adi,

I sailed on an Euros in the late 70s. They are build so strong! I think at the time they knew less about resins and structures so they overbuilt. I can guarantee that the bulkheads are solid.
Where is she located?

You engine is probably a Renault Marine Couach. The factory was 1/4 mile from my house.
Like all other manufacturers (Beta/Kubota etc) they used a diesel engine base and "Marinise it". in that case it was a Renault.
Renault has a reputation for building solid diesel trucks.

Couach had started building diesel engine for small boats in the late 19th century.
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moteurs_Couach

Renault Marine Coach went out of business. I believe Nanni Diesel took them over. They are based on the Bassin d'Arcachon, South of France. Nanni may have parts for you. But it is quite easy to find Renault parts everywhere in Europe.

Good luck
--
John Bernard "JB" Duler
San Francisco