Galley fridge failing

karkauai

Hi all, hope everyone is getting back out on the water after a rather bizarre two years.
Our galley fridge isn't keeping things cold enough any more.  I've had it worked on several times over the last 10 years and think it may be time to consider a new fridge.  It has always run waaay more than the boxes under the dinette seats, and I suspect it doesn't have efficient insulation.
I read Mark's fix from a few years ago, but I've spent enough money and time on this unit that I could have bought a new one and saved the money and headaches.

Has anyone replaced the upright galley fridge with a new fridge-only unit?  Drawers vs upright?  What model?

I think I could make/install wooden panels that would keep the original look.
I don't want to get into plumbing for a water cooled unit.

Thanks for any help.
--
Kent & Iris
KRISTY