Re: Freshwater pump doesn't stop running

Craig Briggs

Under Bills "#7 - Something else" we had a failed hose clamp where the pump output hose connected to the copper pipe that runs along the hull to serve the faucets. It was buried in the engine room insulation and very difficult to spot as it started as a very slow leak so the dripping was not apparent. Finally it started flowing enough that I spotted the wet insulation and then found the corroded hose clamp (jubilee clip).
--
Craig Briggs - s/v Sangaris / SN68  Tropic Isle Harbor, FL