Kicking Tires

Jeff

My humble greetings to all you Amel owners.

My wife and I are kicking tires on Amel ownership and having spent time on two of them last week, I have many considerations running through my head. One question is with respect to certain components like furler motors, bow thrusters, etc. that one would normally find parts for from the likes of Vetus, Side-Power, Harken, etc. that need to be sourced from only Amel.

My concerns are along the lines of the cost for parts or replacements of this equipment related to a captive audience since the gear is custom built for the boat.

I would appreciate feedback from owners who have experience with the cost and availability of sourcing replacements or parts from Amel for these types of custom components.

Thank you.

Jeff