From: amelyachtowners@...
[mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of kimberlite
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 9:10 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel] Eno 4 burner Stove

Hi,

My automatic burner lighter has stopped working (the thing that clicks when
to depress the igniter button).

The battery is new and the switch is working properly. The battery contacts
are clean.

I assume I have to take the stove apart. I also do not have a drawing of the
stove. . Does anyone have a drawing?

Has anyone else had this problem?

How do I take the stove apart?

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____

From: amelyachtowners@...
From: kimberlite <kimberlite@optonlin <mailto:kimberlite%40optonline.net>
e.net>
Subject: RE: [Amel] Heading South for the Winter
To: amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, September 27, 2009, 12:47 AM

Richard ,

Could you send me a scan of that drawing>

Kimberlite@optonlin e.net

From: Richard Piller <richard03801@ <mailto:richard0380 1%40yahoo. com>

yahoo.com>

From: Kent Robertson <karkauai@yahoo. com>

To: amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com

Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 7:36 PM

Thanks a bunch John. That's what I needed to hear. All I have to do now is

get my SSB working for weather faxes and communications, and get my nerve up

enough to go to sea for 12 days. I'll probably have to get some professional

crew since none of my friends are up for that kind of trip yet. I think I'll

be OK with it if I have reliable weather info.

Where are you getting your shoulder worked on? I'm an anesthesiologist in

North Carolina. Ask for an interscalene block and catheter for postop pain

relief...it' ll make you pretty much pain free for 2-3 days after surgery.

Only other advice on shoulder surgery is to do your PT religiously no matter

what. Worst thing that can happen is to limit your movement enough that you

get a frozen shoulder.

Good luck with that.

My phone number is 828 234 6819 (cell). I may give you a call in a week or

two if I haven't made my mind up yet.

Thanks again,

Kent

Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 4:15 PM

Kent, I've done that trip many times over the last 35 years. Don't even

think about going the gentlemens route. Its a real tough way to go. You will

spend a lot of time waiting for weather, like months, And motoring most of

the time into big seas. Bite the bullet,head to Bermuda to get your easting

in, and then head for St, Martin's. You'l be there in 12 days. If you go to

the Virgins first you will have a 80 mile bash to windward to get to St,

Martin's, Better to pick up the Virgins on the way back. Also stop in the

Bahamas on the way back, they are warm and beautiful in the springtime but

are terrible in the winter. You should also consider the Caribbean 1500.

They leave from Hampton Va, on the 2nd of Nov. Well organized with weather

routing etc. I wouldn't leave the Chesapeake before the first week in Nov.{

think hurricane.} Going to Savannah is good because they don't get

hurricanes, but you are going west when you want to go east. The Gentlemens

guide is a wonderful book, I have read it twice. He's a great writer. I'm

going to the States for a shoulder opperation this week so will have plenty

of time to talk while recovering. E-mail me your phone no. if you need any

more help.symoondog@ hotmail.com John "moon Dog" sm248

To: amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com

From: karkauai@yahoo. com

Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 14:27:36 +0000

Subject: [Amel] Heading South for the Winter

Hi, all,

I'm making plans for the trip South from the Chesapeake to the Caribbean and

thought I'd ask for some advice. I've done a few 3-5 day offshore trips

across the Gulf and up the coast, but haven't tackled the trip South yet.

From what I've read a lot of people sail out to Bermuda, then South to
avoid

the upwind beat from the Bahamas down the chain, but I still don't have my

SSB working (or have a good way to get weather that far offshore) I'm

working on that, but haven't had much luck yet. I have a week in Oct that I

could take her down to Savannah, then a month from mid Nov to mid Dec. I've

ordered the book "A Gentleman's Guide to Passages South", but wanted some

advice from folks who've been there and done that. Just how "bad" are the

two approaches to getting to the BVI from the E Coast?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Kent

"Kristy" SM 243

BingT brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place. Try it

now.

http://www.bing. com/search? q=restaurants& form=MLOGEN& publ=WLHMTAG&

crea=TEXT_ MLOGEN_Core_ tagline_local_ 1x1

19:34:00