Re: Volvo D3 24v Alternator not charging

It is possible that by design, the alternator/regulator may not send any output at 800 rpm

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Sat, Apr 9, 2022, 13:07 Ralph Heilig <ralph.heilig@...> wrote:
Thanks Bill,

I will check next week.

The symptoms I have:

When I start the Engine and it Idles at 700 rpm, the Link 10 Batterie Monitor shows no charging (no running bar)
It starts charging when rpm is increased to about 800 rpm, then working fine. Link 10 shows charging (running bar)
When going back under 800 rpm then stopping charging ( no running bar)

It's not a big problem, since on cruise It's working fine and at anchorage I use the generator. I was just wondering if I am the only one and something is wrong or if it's normal. As I wrote, I recogniced this behavior two or three years ago...

Thanks,
Ralph