Eleuthera - New home port

Ken Uber

G'day
Have recently arrived in Melbourne (Australia) as the new skipper of Eleuthera. SM #007.
Jean-Pierre (JP), her previous skipper, sold her to me last month, then sailed her across the Tasman sea to deliver her to me in Sydney.
JP has been a great contributor in this group, and has a wealth of knowledge, especially drawing on his airline industry experience and recognising the importance of good systems with good redundancy in reserve.
Whenever I have shown someone Eleuthera and told them it is a 33 year old boat they have said that she is in great condition.  Thank you JP for making this so.

This first trip of some 600nm  for me and my new crew has been exciting and initially challenging, facing strong headwinds for some parts, weaving between gas rigs in Bass Strait, then ensuring the right timing of slackwater at Port Phillip heads. I was curious as to why there were no other boats sailing in an otherwise busy Port Phillip as we sailed the last leg. Maybe something to do with the swell and wind.

She is now tethered in a berth, but hopefully not for long.

Ken Uber

Eleuthera SM 007

Phone  +61411096804

Email     kenneth.uber@...