Re: [Amel] 8 HP OUTBOARD ENGINE

Horst Pause <horst.puddleduck@...>

I have always lowered my outboard on my own. I undo the mizzen sheet at the traveller and lower the motor with that, controlling the mizzen sheet from the dinghy. Very easy, and it even works in a bit of a roll. Horst

________________________________
From: Vicente Pereda Hernández <VPEREDA@telefonica.net>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, 24 February, 2010 5:40:00
Subject: Re: [Amel] 8 HP OUTBOARD ENGINE

Thanks Dimitris, I have clear the procedure to do it with two persons
but the idea is to handle it only one person and in my understanding
should be made from the dingy and this is the problem.
VICENTE

El 23/02/2010, a las 13:53, Dimitris Krassopoulos escribió:

I have the same engine on my SM2000. The best is to attached to
rings on the
metal side of the motor so you can hang the motor from there is very
helpful. The second is to find in your boat the rope with two inox
shackles
that you put on the rings on the motor and you put the put through
the two
rollers on the mizzen boom. The end of the rope has a small loop and
you
attach this to the halyard used for the passarele by this way you
can pull
up the motor with the winch and release it to the dinghy by moving
the boom
over the dinghy and lower the motor. It is better to try the procedure
without swell. I put a rope from the back of the dinghy to the boat
to fix
it alongside the side of the boat.